Garrett is a reputable brand that provides outstanding metal detectors. Its machines also offer great features, and that is true of the Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector.
The product worth every penny and is recommended for beginners and professionals alike. Here we have the Garrett Ace 400 review to give you more information about this metal detector.
Ace 400 Features and Benefits
The Garrett Ace 400 is a metal detector with dozens of features that can make your hunt enjoyable and successful. They include:
1. Three-Tone Audio System
The machine offers a 3-tone audio system that produces three distinctive tones to match the metal’s conductivity. These are:
- Beltone: It notifies you when you find a high conductivity treasure.
- Medium or low-pitched: The tone goes off when you have found a low conductivity material.
- Pulsewidth modulation: It is highly responsive audio that makes it easier to use the metal detector.
2. Iron Discrimination and Audio
One great feature of the ACE 400 is the iron discrimination and audio, which is not present in the discontinued ACE 350. It is a tech that enables you to hear the iron trash so you can pick up treasures covered by iron.
The setting also helps to block “ghost signals” to avoid unnecessary digging.
3. Digital Target ID
The ACE 400 comes with a digital Target ID with a scale of 0-99, meaning that you enjoy more accurate results. Instead of the machine informing you that you have found a coin, it tells you have discovered a clad or silver coin.
Some notable numbers include:
- 87-90 for clad quarters
- 83-85 for a clad dime
- 42-45 for a clad nickel
- 77-80 for a clad penny
4. Search Modes
Garrett Ace 400 metal detector reviews can tell you that this product offers up to 12 notches for discrimination. You can find them on the LCD screen, which makes it easier to use the device.
The notches allow you to fine-tune the detect to ensure that you ignore some targets. With that said, you get five preset search modes, which are:
- Relics: It helps to remove smaller iron targets while finding lower conductivity treasures. These include lead, brass, and bronze.
- Jewelry: The feature gets rid of iron trash while finding better targets like rings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Coins: The feature enables you to eliminate foil, pull-tabs, and other trash when finding coins.
- Zero-disc: It is not an authentic all-metal setting, but it allows you to discover all metals without getting rid of iron.
- Custom: You can program your search mode using the custom mode. That is possible because you get to reject/accept discrimination buttons.
5. Waterproof Search Coil
Garrett Ace 400 waterproof search coil measures 8.5-inch by 11-inch and is a DD loop. It provides the perfect balance between depth and sensitivity when hunting metal on various grounds.
You can use other search coils for the Ace 400, including the 5-inch by 8-inch DD coil, 9-inch x 12-inch PROformance loop, the Super Sniper 4.5-inch search coil.
6. Control Panel
If you are a fun of the Garrett ACE series, then you can quickly feel comfortable with the Ace 400 control panel. It is an evolution screen that displays all the machine’s buttons and indicators.
The best thing about this display is you can read it clearly and is one of the simplest to use you can ever find. All the buttons are labelled to ensure that you use the metal detector without memorizing anything or following complicated processes.
The display also contains all the helpful information you would need to operate the detector, like the target ID scale.
7. Adjustable Frequency
The Garrett Ace 400 for sale you find on the market is a single frequency very low-frequency metal detector. It broadcasts at a 10kHz frequency and allows you to vary the frequency to meet your needs.
That is an awesome feature if you intend to detect metal with your pals who also have the Garrett Ace 400 or other metal detectors with the 10kHz frequency. The ability to adjust the frequency level means that you can also avoid interference from WiFi signals and power lines.
8. Cam Locks
The Ace 400 has added cam locks that were not present in the 350 machine. They are simple, plastic systems that add stability and strength to your device.
These cam locks provide the shaft with extra stability and ensure that the three-part of your metal detectors remain stable when you swing it. Read Details information about Garrett Metal detector ReviewKey Specifications
- Weighs up to 5.48 pounds
- Measures 22 x 15 x 6 inches
- Lots of accessories like ClearSound Headphones, coil cover, and detector cover
- Also included are search coil hardware kit, free catalog, free searcher magazine. adjustable arm strap, and instruction manual
- Uses four AA batteries
- Comes with a 24 months warranty
- Operating frequency of 10kHz
- Adjustable frequency
- Enhanced iron resolution
- An upgrade of the ACE 350
- Able to adjust the frequency
- Package contains free things like searcher magazine
- Able to provide service for long
- Does not come with ground balance
Garrett Ace 400 FAQ
Let us look at some questions and answers about the Garrett Ace 400.
Q: How Much Does the Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector Cost?
A: The Ace 400 is one of the most affordable metal detectors you can find in the market today. It goes for less than $350 and still comes with top-end metal detectors features.
Q: Is the Garrett Ace 400 Waterproof?
A: The poles and the coil are waterproof and can allow you to detect metals in shallow water. Its control box is weatherproof – you should not submerge this metal detector in underwater.
Q: Is Garrett a Good Brand?
A: Garrett is a reputable brand that has been in the industry for decades and produces top-quality metal detectors. You can use its machines to find various targets like coins, jewelry, relics, gold, and others.
The Garrett Ace 400 metal detector can help you to find various types of metals and offers up to five search modes. You can program it to meet your hunting needs to save time, effort, and money.